Girls Day Out

January 06, 2010

Today I took Penelope to story time at a bookstore here called Russo's Books. It was our first time going and we will definitely be going back. We were about 5 minutes late and the place was crawling with little ones and their parents. Next time I have to remember to get there early so we can find a good seat. The lady that hosts this, Miss Lynn, is great. She started off singing songs with the kiddies and at first Penelope just stood back and watched, I think she was overwhelmed with all the other little ones. They were singing songs she was very familiar with so eventually she started swaying back and fourth and then jumped in with hand gestures and clapping and of course "yaaaay" after every song. That's one of her favorite words, that and "whoa". :) I took some pictures but decided not to post any since there were other children in them but we had a blast. Afterwards Penelope read a book in the store. Then we went on a lunch date to Applebees! I had a gift certificate that I received from one of the survey companies I take surveys for online and I thought she would really enjoy that. Here she is waiting for her meal and here she is chowing down on her "cheeseandburger" and fries.

Chris is going out of town for work for a couple of days so I decided to drive down to San Diego and visit my mom. We are leaving tomorrow and hopefully I can bypass the icky traffic in LA.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip, see you when you get back home. -- Josie

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!