A CALM Day

January 03, 2010

We woke up this morning and decided to take Penelope to our local zoo, CALM. It's really small, needs some maintenance and doesn't have very many animals but Penelope had a blast and that made the $7.00 admission worth it. All the animals are native to California. Here is a link so you can see the animals we saw. I was bummed that the butterfly exhibit was no longer there. We were actually the first ones to get there and it was neat to have the place to ourselves, I think there was probably 4 other families that were visiting and we were able to see everything in under 2 hours. Definitely not the San Diego Zoo, which reminds me, Chris and I have this ongoing debate about what zoo is better the San Diego Zoo or the Portland Zoo. I say San Diego he says Portland. OK, so I have never actually been to the Portland Zoo but I just can't imagine the Portland Zoo being better then Sanb Diego. If there is anyone out there that has been to both of these zoos please leave me a comment with your opinion so that Chris and I can settle this once and for all. Here are some pictures of are relaxing day at the zoo.

And finally the star of the Bakersfield zoo, the black bear. I am obsessed with bears ever since living in Alaska and reading the book Alaska Bear Tales. Don't you just want to go give him a big bear hug? He looks so cute and cuddly!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!