Welcome to Alaska...

November 07, 2010

OK, so you know those berries I mentioned in my last post that are all around our place? A few minutes ago I looked out our office window and right at a bear munching away at them. He was probably having his last meal before the big snooze...hopefully. I am so bummed that I wasn't quick enough to get my camera. I have been fascinated with bears for a few years now and my heart is still racing at seeing one in the wild, errr my backyard. We live in a house with an amazing view so it is set up where the bedrooms are downstairs and the living area is up, I guess it's called reverse living. Anyway our bedroom windows are at ground level and we have a small backyard that extends to forest so one of the first things I imagined when I saw them was waking up one morning to an animal staring in at me. I guess I am not so paranoid afterall...

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, how scary! Are you not scared at all and even excited!?

    Wow so my house's called reverse living too! Hey email me your new address! We will start chatting too!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!