Finally HOMEr!

November 03, 2010

Well we made it home and have been trying to get adjusted the last few days. It's hard not to roll over and go back to sleep at 9am when it's still pitch dark outside. It has yet to snow and the last couple of days the weather has been nice out, even sunny. Today it is overcast with a little rain and the temperature is in the mid 30's. We have done a lot of driving around checking out the town and the shops. Homer is known for being artsy and their are several art galleries, shops and boutiques. There are also a lot of restaurants here! The two we have eaten at so far have been yummy. We did some grocery shopping and the prices are definitely higher then in the lower 48. In addition to the Safeway I mentioned in a previous post we also have a Save -U- More store that has some decent prices, you can also purchase items in bulk and they have a great ethnic, gourmet and natural foods section. It's a little cluttered and messy and I have a thing about stores that are unorganized but I am excited at the selection of items there. We have also have a store called Ulmer's which is a True Value store that carries everything from toys, household appliances, toiletries and ammunition. I guess it's kinda like a Walmart but not as big. I will post more about the town as I become more familiar.

Our view is amazing! Every time you look out our front window it's like looking at a painting. The mountains covered with snow that go into the ocean. Every now and then you see a barge or ferry go by and I am excited about seeing the cruise ships in the springtime.

I was so worried that Penelope was going to miss out on Halloween with the move and everything but Chris came through and bought her a Halloween costume and candy to pass out. It's a good thing too because apparently the street we live on is Halloween central. We must have had close to 500 kids come to our door. Penelope had so much fun handing out candy and seeing all the costumes. I got a kick out of seeing the kids walking around in their costumes with no coats on, I guess they are used to the cold weather.

Here are a couple of photos of Penelope's day of flying, she did great by the way, some pics of her in her costume and one at Bishop's Beach.

We are still trying to get everything unpacked and organized so I will be on sporadically but I will try and post as often as I can till things are back to normal.



Getting on the plane in Eugene, OR


Anchorage Airport




Princess Fairy



Bishop's Beach

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!