Just Around the Corner

November 23, 2010

Today Penelope and I went to Safeway to buy food for Thursdays meal, I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving and Christmas is just around the corner! I am so not in the mood to be making or eating turkey I would much rather have ham.  I guess it's just one of those things I will have to deal with in order to be a good wife. ;) Actually we kinda compromised because I am making a turkey breast rather then a whole turkey.

Well, I'm all ready pretty close to finishing my Christmas shopping too. Since there are not very many stores close by I made sure to get a head start ordering online so that everything arrives on time. We are hoping road conditions are good this weekend so that we can make the 1 hour and 20 minute drive to Fred Meyer in Soldotna and do some shopping. Chris said something about going on Friday but there is no way I am going to go out and deal with those crowds on Black Friday. Hmmm...I wonder if Alaska gets as bad on the busiest shopping day of the season as in the lower 48. Anyone know? Anyone going to be brave and go shopping on Friday?

So the last few days have been pretty warm here, in the 40's and after almost 2 weeks of sunshine it rained today. It's a good thing the temperatures have been high and all the snow and ice melted on the roads otherwise the roads could ice over and get pretty bad. It's suppose to snow on Thursday so I guess we are having a white Thanksgiving...hopefully.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!