Sad Little Dog

March 10, 2010

So at about 5:30pm this evening Chris called to say that he received a phone call from someone that had found Kiwi. I called the the number they left and a lady answered and told me that Kiwi had been in her side yard since 11:30 this morning. Since she had been there all day she finally decided to check her for tags and found Chris' number. She gave me directions to her house which it turns out was just down the street and then told me it looked like her leg was hurt. I was so excited and when I told Penelope we were going to pick up Kiwi she started running around the house saying "yaaaaay". We picked Kiwi up who was shaking like a leaf and it did in fact look like her front leg was hurt. So to the vet we went... The vet said Kiwi would need x-rays to see what was wrong with her leg. Expensive! They took her back to have her x-rays and then the tech came back and asked "How long did you say you had Kiwi?" "A couple of weeks." I answered. She asked "were you aware of the surgeries she has had?" Surgeries? "Ummm, nooo." I said. "This dog has had over $2000 in leg work done, she has pins in her legs." Said the tech. DOH! So in addition to finding out our new dog has had extensive surgery in the past (which might explain why she is so skittish) it turns out that she also managed to break several bones in her foot during her short time away from home. OUCH! I have to take her back in the morning to have a splint put on. More expensive! Well at least she is safe and back home again and once she is all healed up she can go back to tormenting the cat. I wonder if I can get the gardeners to pay her vet bill???

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!