Rant!

March 05, 2010

Ugh! I really need to stop eating out! Not only is it a waste of money but most of the time the food isn't all that great and I end up telling myself I could have made it better at home. I have noticed that most of the places that I have bad experiences at are those large chain restaurants. Take today for instance, after taking Penelope to story time at the local library some friends and I decided to head over to that place with a fruit in it's name. We had three children between us and let the host know that we would need one highchair and two boosters. I expected to be walked to a booth but instead they walked us to a round table with chairs. I was a little hesitant thinking that the booster probably wasn't a good idea on one of these chairs but the host assured me it would be okay. My friends opted out of the booster since their daughter is use to sitting up on her knees to reach the table anyway. Penelope on the other hand is still sitting in her highchair because we currently only have one of those cafe table with stools. Anyway we sat down and ordered our food, I got a cheeseburger because I remembered the last time I had one at the place with a fruit in it's name it was pretty good. But when our food finally arrived I could have sworn their cheeseburger shrank since the last time I had one, which wasn't too long ago. Either that or they ran out of normal size buns and gave me a child size one instead, my burger patty was hanging over the side of the bun. What?! Anyway, I decided I would let it go because I am trying to lose some weight and I suppose smaller portions are a good idea.So just a couple minutes into eating our food my friend shrieks and points and what do I see...a ROACH! Now if there is one thing I can't stand it's roaches that and people who forget to turn off their blinkers. I mean really can you not hear that ticking sound?! OK back to the roach, we were seated in a corner of the restaraunt in our round table and chairs and the the roach is crawling around on the wall we are up against about a foot away. Now, I don't know about you but I find it hard to ignore a roach crawling around you while your trying to enjoy a mini cheeseburger. So my friend called the waitress over and told her about it who proceeded to grab a napkin and began trying to catch the roach while we stood and shrieked and cringed. If you have ever had an experience with a roach you know those little buggers are hard to catch she finally managed to knock it to the ground and stomp on it and walk away. That's right she didn't even bother to pick the thing up just left the roach pancake on the floor next to us. I admit I had lost my appetite quite a bit after that but we were still all a little hungry so we decided to continue eating hoping to salvage the rest of our meal. Then what happens...Penelope tumbles out of the chair booster and all and so now we have a screaming toddler and a mom shouting I told you so to anyone who could hear. I was mad! OK, so it's not like the booster just fell off the chair without any help, Penelope was trying to get out but had we been seated in a booth she would have managed to escape the booster without falling on her head next to cockroach guts. AAHHH! Then the bill comes, surely they have acknowledged how terrible are experience has been by giving us some sort of discount right? Wrong! Not even an apology from the manager! Am I wrong or can a restaurant be shut down for having a roach problem? Luckily my friend decided to say something to the waitress about how disappointed we were with service she called the manager over and he authorized a discount, OK that's a little better restaurant with a fruit in your name. Still I think this is one more place I am going to add to my list of banned places. Right up there with that other place that has a fruit in it's name. Don't even get me started there...

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Bakersfield Applebees has ROACHES! ICK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is an Olive a fruit.. LOL
    yeah Applebee's is off my list and so is Logans.. after the mouse poop story on the news.. Yupp banned.
    Guess it's time to just cook at home more.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!