Recycling is Fun!

March 26, 2010

Since we moved here in October I have been collecting all our plastic/glass bottles and aluminum cans in the garage and planning to take them to be recycled. I finally crammed the 4 large garbage bags into my car and Penelope and I headed out to the closest recycling center. I didn't realize I was suppose to remove the caps! I guess I've never really been that good at recycling in the past...so I had to uncap and separate everything at the center. Penelope had fun picking up the bottle caps that fell to the ground and throwing them away. We made $9.23 and I decided I would get Penelope a piggy bank. I could teach her about recycling and it will be her job to make sure everything is collected and any money would go to her piggy bank. I know she is a little too young right now to understand the whole concept of recycling but eventually she will get it and it's never too early to start setting a good example.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!