Shrimp Burritos

July 07, 2010

Last night we were suppose to have Shrimp Scampi for dinner according to my weekly menu but I just wasn't feeling it. Instead I made shrimp burritos and they came out really good! Here is a pic of my burrito before I rolled it up.

Shrimp
Cooked White Rice
Corn
Green Onion
Serrano Pepper
Cilantro
Garlic
Cumin
Chili powder
Salt
Flour Tortillas
Toppings of your choice, we did Cheese, Sour Cream and Hot Sauce

In a little oil saute some sliced green onion (I used about 3), 1 Serrano Pepper (you can use as much as you want to make as spicy as you want) and some Corn ( I used a leftover corn cob from the night before, it was really good because it had a smokey flavor from the grill). Add the Shrimp (I used one pound), Garlic, Cumin, Chili Powder and Salt to taste. Then add a small amount of water like a couple of tablespoons and the Rice (I used 1 cup cooked). Stir it all together until the Shrimp is cooked through and the water has evaporated. If you have a lemon/lime I would add a few squeezes in here as well, we were out. Warm up your flour tortillas and fill with Shrimp/Rice mixture and top with your favorite burrito toppings. So delicious!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love shrimp burritos. Thanks for the recipe.

    I am following you now.
    Saw you at the PR place Ning.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!