A little bit of this and that...

February 01, 2010

Look at the pretty lilies Chris bought me for being the best wife in the whole wide world. ;p Pretty huh? Did I mention that my orchid plant is still alive? Yup, the flowers have long gone but the actual plant itself is thriving. I still have yet to transfer it to a prettier pot. I just know when I do it's going to die.


So yesterday was Chris' birthday and I made him his favorite dessert, lemon bars. I used the barefoot contessa mix my sister bought me. Those things took forever to make! With all the steps and cooling time I think they were ready in about 3 hours. Chris woke up singing something about making coffee to eat with his lemon bars so I started making them at like 8am but unfortunately for him he had to drink his coffee alone.
In case some of you were wondering how Penelope's potty training was going, well it's not. I forgot to mention that I decided to take a break on the whole thing. I was so excited because that second day in Penelope was doing so well. The following day was a nightmare though, messes everywhere. Also she would cry every time she sat on the potty and started to go and then try to get up and I would have to hold her down. I decided she wasn't quite ready yet and so I am going to try again in a couple of weeks after her birthday...
That's right she is turning the big 2 on the 16th. We are going to drive down to San Diego the weekend before her birthday so grandma can throw her a little party with all her cousins. I can't wait!

And finally here was Penelope's lunch for the day Egg Salad star Sandwich, Cucumber half moons and Green Olives.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hey,
    I have a Sunshine award for you stop by my blog and pick it up.

    http://mommiesgotfivechildren.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-very-first-award.html

    Have a great day!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!