Cheese Please!

February 05, 2010

Penelope had her gym class yesterday. It was so much fun. She walked across a balance beam, jumped on a trampoline and even had a train ride. She really enjoys going and I hope Chris can skip out of work for a bit sometime and come watch her. She is so brave jumping up on all the equipment with no hesitation while I stand there cringing scared to death that she is gong to get hurt. I know, I need to stop worrying so much, can't help it.

She is getting more and more vocal each day it's great to hear her say a new word. She is so smart, she can look at a letter and tell you which one it is, she is reciting her ABC's with a little help and today when I was putting her to bed she counted the bars on her headboard all on her own out of nowhere, one through ten. Ok, so I am bragging a little bit here but I am so proud of this little girl. One thing I am not so proud of is her eating habits these days. I mentioned before about what a good eater she is but that lately, the last few weeks, she has been a little picky and not wanting to eat much. She sure does love her cheese though! Everything is "cheese, cheese!" She has had cottage cheese everyday and sometimes twice a day for the last week! It's a little frustrating for me at dinner time when she doesn't want to eat what I prepared for us. She will watch dad and I eat and just play with her food. I have had to bribe her a couple of times with of course cheese or fruit in order to get her to take a couple of bites. She has also suddenly become a vegetarian. :) She doesn't want to eat any meat, she thinks it's all chicken which she calls "pock pock"and she refuses to eat it. I really hope this is just a phase she is going through so I can go back to bragging about how good of an eater she is. ;p I will keep preparing her different foods and hope that she gets over it. Since it was just her and I tonight, Chris is away on a job, I decided I would make something quick and simple for dinner so I made this yummy fried rice. Here is Penelope's plate, untouched. It really was yummy though and easy to make. I fried up some chopped bacon and scrambled an egg then put some leftover brown rice in the pan and mixed everything together. Then I added some mixed frozen veggies and soy sauce and finally some chopped green onion. Very tasty!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!