Pizza Macaroni

August 24, 2013

Remember a few months ago when I made Sloppy Cheesesteaks?  Well I have another hybrid recipe to share with you. Last night I was trying to figure out what to make Pen for dinner. I had settled on simple pasta with marinara sauce and a side of buttered bread but then remembered I had leftover pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese from a couple of nights before when we made a pizza. Light bulb! Why not make a pizza pasta? I decided to use macaroni noodles and that's where Pizza Macaroni made it to our dinner table.

Pizza Macaroni

Macaroni noodles
Chopped Pepperoni
(You can add other toppings you would normally have on your pizza i.e. mushrooms, olives, sausage.)
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
Your favorite pizza sauce

Cook noodles according to package directions. While the noodles are cooking you can chop and shred the rest of your ingredients. Once the noodles are cooked, drain, and then add the sauce to them. Go as saucy as you like! Stir the noodles and then add the other ingredients. Stir and then add the shredded cheese. Go as cheesy as you like! Put in a baking dish and cook in oven at 375 for about 25 minutes. Just enough to heat through and melt the cheese. Serve topped with grated Parmesan and crushed red peppers!


And on another note I am loving my juicer. I have been experimenting with different juices in the morning for breakfast and Penelope has also been creating fruity combinations for herself. Here are  the combinations we have tried thus far...

Carrot, bell pepper, and tomatoes- I really like this one. The carrots give it a bit of sweetness and cuts down on the bell pepper taste.

Carrots and plums- This was surprisingly yummy and Penelope really enjoyed it too.

Nectarines, blueberries, and strawberries- You can't go wrong with this combination.

Blueberries and oranges- This was Penelope's creation, it was pretty good. The sweet blueberries cut down on the tartness of the oranges.

Next I am going to experiment with some spinach combinations. I will let you know how these turn out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!