Cheese Roast Beef Sandwich

March 05, 2012

For the last couple of weeks I have been craving a Cheese Steak sandwich. But not any 'ol Cheese Steak sandwich, the kind made from Steak-umms! You know Steak-umm the frozen wafer thin beef you buy in a box at the supermarket. I swear these make the best Cheese Steak sandwiches. Unfortunately you can't find Steak-umm in Homer Alaska. *sigh* Last night I really wanted a Cheese Steak though so I went to the supermarket and bought some thinly sliced roast beef from the deli instead. Let me tell you, my Cheese Steak made with roast beef was awe-some! It totally satisfied my craving.

Slice up some onion, bell pepper and mushrooms and saute in butter until the veggies start to caramelize. Lower heat and add your slices of roast beef, salt and pepper and mix. Spread meat mixture and veggies out and cover with slices of provolone cheese. (No Cheez Whiz here) Put on roll that has been slathered in mayo. This makes one tasty sandwich.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!