Tijuana Dogs

October 27, 2011

My mom lives in San Diego very near the Tijuana, Mexico border and she is always raving about Tijuana style hotdogs. These are sold by street vendors in Tijuana and also near the border and let me tell you they are freakin' delicious! When I told Chris I was going to make him a Tijuana hotdog for dinner he was not the least impressed, in fact he had his doubts but after trying one of these dogs we have both decided that this is our new favorite way to eat a hotdog.

Tijuana Hotdog

Buns
Beef hotdogs
Bacon
Beans, cooked (pinto beans not refried)
*Salsa made with chopped tomatoes, chopped jalapenos or Serrano's, chopped white onion*
Mayonnaise

Wrap a bacon strip around each hotdog and fry in a pan until crispy. Spread mayo on the bun. Put bacon wrapped hotdog in bun, top with hot beans and salsa. Enjoy!


*I actually used pickled hot chili peppers because that's what Chris requested.*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!