Halibut Tacos

July 01, 2011

Our neighbor gave us some fresh halibut and since it has been awhile since I made fish tacos I decided to make some with the halibut. Usually I make these with red snapper but these were sooo good I will forever be making them with halibut from now on. Not a problem since we live in the halibut capital of the world!


I cut the halibut into strips and dipped in a fish in chip batter. I substituted the water that the batter called for with beer, a Corona to be exact. :) Then fried it up to perfection. Put in some warm corn tortillas and topped with fresh avocado salsa and crema. These were so delicious and I am still absolutely stuffed from eating four of these suckers!

Avocado Salsa

3 Tomatoes chopped
2 Green onion stalks
2 Serrano peppers
A handful of chopped cilantro
1 Avocado chopped
Half a lime
Salt

Mix everything together and enjoy the extra salsa with some chips!

For the crema you can buy it at the store, it's a Mexican cream that is basically a thin downed version of sour cream. If you can't find it just take regular sour cream and thin it down with some milk until it is pourable but not too runny.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!