Snow, Art, Lunch and School!

January 19, 2011

It's snowing again today. Woohoo, it's warming up and we are no longer freezing! Penelope and I went to story time at the library and we made an sea life craft that is going to be displayed at the Bunell Art Gallery in town. Too cute! All the kiddos at storytime got to create their own work of art and these will be displayed for all to see next month. I will be sure and take pictures!

Here is Penelope's bento for today...

She had leftover meat pizza from Starvin Marvin's here in town, yum. Some black olives, grapes, strawberries and blueberries.

And one last thing... so as you already know from a previous post Penelope has been quite the mischievous one lately. I really think she is getting so sick of hanging out with me all day. The girl needs a change of scenery. HAHA Sooo, yesterday we went and checked out a preschool for her and it turned out to be awesome. Chris and I decided it would be a great idea to sign her to go 2 days, halftime. That would be 8:00 till 11:45am. She will get to get out and make some friends and forget about me for awhile. I am excited for her cause I know she is going to love it but I am also a little sad. I know it's only 2 days a week for a few hours but I have been with her everyday of her life! It will be good for her though, kids need to socialize with their peers and learn how to interact with each other. I believe it's healthy for their development and the school looks great. They focus on arts and hands on learning, they even hold field trips for the little ones to local parks, museums, and nature centers and I can volunteer to come along to those. Fun Fun... She is so ready for this she is always talking about going to school and even packs her little Tinker Bell backpack with books and pencils. Whenever she does something out of nowhere and I ask her where she got it from she says she learned it at school. :) I will be sure and let you know how her first day goes, she starts February 1st. Oh my, in just a couple of years she will be in school full time and I will be all alone. WHAAA!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!