Day 1

May 31, 2010

Today was the first day of our second attempt at potty training and it went pretty good. Penelope woke up about 9am and I took off her pj's and left her naked from the waist down. All morning I asked her if she needed to use the potty and kept reminding her to let me know if she needed to go...nothing. Every time I went she followed and sat on her potty...still nothing. Finally at about 12:45 I was checking my email when Pen comes running in my room saying "mommy mommy pee pee potty." I assumed that meant she was ready to go so  we both rushed to the bathroom and what did I find? The smart little girl had already made pee pee in her potty all by herself! I was so excited! We danced and sang and she got stickers and Pen was so happy. She took her nap at 2pm and I put a diaper on her while she slept. When she woke up at 5pm she had gone in her diaper so again I took it off and it was back to being naked. The rest of the evening she did not go.

She is sleeping soundly in bed now and I am sure she will have a wet diaper in the morning but I am so happy she used her potty today and that we didn't have any accidents. The dog on the other hand is a different story. I thought I would start letting her out of her crate longer today and even though I kept letting her outside so she could "go" she still had two accident today. UGH! I think little dogs are just stubborn.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!