Bento and Art

May 25, 2010

It's been awhile since I have posted Penelope's lunch. I mostly just forget to pull out my camera, must be my age, right Chris? Anyhow her lunch today wasn't very pretty. definitely not picture worthy but I need to get back in the swing of things so here it is.
 I flattened some bread and spread cream cheese and turkey on it and made her little Pinwheel Sandwiches. She has a thing for "chippys" right now so I gave her some "Carrot Chips". She is starting to develop a potato chip addiction like her mommy, must be genetic, but I gotta try and squash it early before it gets out of control. :) She also had sliced Strawberries which are currently her favorite fruit.

Penelope is now talking up a storm. She is starting to repeat everything she hears so I keep reminding myself and Chris to watch what we say in front of her. Her favorite words are Mommy, Yes, and Thank You but she is pretty much using words for everything. She uses some of her signs along with saying the words. I love this, I want to continue to learn more sign language with her. I am also thinking of teaching her a second verbal language here soon. Spanish is probably the best choice and the most obvious but since I have been trying to learn Japanese for several years now I am thinking it might be fun to learn together.

Well, I promised I would show you the picture her Auntie Veronica painted for her. Here it is...Isn't it pretty? My favorite Cherry Blossoms! Here is a closeup See how she glued on some flowers and a dragonfly. I love this! I wish I could draw/paint but I am not artistic that way. Maybe I should practice on Penelope's new easel!

Stay tuned for potty training part 2...

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Pretty picture! I can't wait to get home. Will you make me some pinwheel sandwiches? I want real chips though, carrots are for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I love the picture. Hey you can teach me and mine Japanese at the same time.
    That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!