Back Home Again...

May 23, 2010

We made it home! We had a blast in San Diego but it's great to be home and Penelope must have really been homesick because as soon as we got in she went straight into her room and pulled out every toy in there. "Mommy, play me, play me." She kept saying. I am so happy I didn't come home to a surprise like last time, remember the freezer incident and my darn cat? My bed is looking so comfy right now but I promised I would share some photos so I guess it will have to wait a few more minutes...


Here are some pictures of our zoo trip. I am a little sad that Chris didn't get to see Pen having so much fun. He is stuck in Oklahoma for work training. Ugh!  It was grandma, my niece Kaya, Penelope and I.  We walked so much! That place is massive compared to our little "zoo" here in Bakersfield. Penelope was definitely impressed. My six year old niece not so much, she asked if we could go to Target and look at clothes instead. HAHA! I think my mom was bummed that she missed out on a lot of the animals because the kids, me included, tired out early. :)
I also have a few other pictures of our mini vacation.  Doesn't it look like fun? We really had a good time and to top it off we came home with some goodies! Mom bought me the slow cooker and Brita water pitcher I have been wanting and Penelope got a beautiful painting my sister made for her (I will post a pic of that tomorrow) and an art easel. We happened to come across a yard sale where they were selling a Melissa & Doug art easel, the same one I have had my eye on. I got it for $20! Chris and I had been wanting to get her one since she loves to draw so I was so excited to find this and tell Chris about it.
Well, my bed is calling me and it's back to "work" in the morning so goodnight.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!