December 09, 2009

I was going through the little groceries we have in our kitchen (I need to go shopping!) trying to find something to make for dinner and I came up with this. A really yummy Mac and Cheese with Ham. It is definitely not diet friendly but oh so satisfying.


1/2 Pkg of Macaroni
1/2 Stick of Butter
1 Cup Shredded Cheese ( I used a combination of Colby Jack and Mozzarella)
1/2 Cup of Cottage Cheese
1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
1/4 Cup of Milk
Chopped Deli Meat Ham ( I just had some thin square slices. I used 5 chopped up into little squares.)
Minced Dried Onion
Cajun Seasoning
S&P

While your macaroni is cooking. Fry up your ham in a little butter until browned and semi crispy and set aside. Drain macaroni and put back in pan. Add 1/4 stick of butter, sour cream, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, cooked ham, minced onion, Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper and mix . Put macaroni into a small baking pan or casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. In a small bowl combine remaining 1/4 stick of butter and breadcrumbs until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of cheese. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. I wonder what Penelope is having for lunch tomorrow...Speaking of the little cutie. She has a thing for hats, she is always wanting to wear the one hat she owns or dads hats and she actually keeps them on her head. The last couple of days she has been wearing her Halloween trick or treat pail and calling it her hat. She wears it all day long, it's hilarious. Here she is showing me her "funny face".

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Why are all the pics called Cool Chris at the Lil Su?

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!