Better then take out!

November 03, 2009

Last night for dinner I made some yummy Orange Beef. It came out really good and I got to use my new Wok, that my mom got me, for the first time.



About 1 pound of beef sliced into strips ( I used sirloin cause it was on sale at Albertsons for super cheap!)
1/3 Cup of White Sugar
1/3 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbs of freshly squeezed Orange Juice
1 Tsp of Salt
1 Tbs Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup of Corn Starch
Orange Zest ( I grated one orange and used that.)
Ginger
Minced Garlic
Red Chili Flakes
1 Cup of Oil (I used Canola)

The first thing you need to do is dry your beef strips out on a paper towel. Put them in the fridge and let them dry out for about 30 minutes. In a bowl mix together the sugar, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, salt and soy sauce. Heat your oil in a pan, or you can ask your mom to buy you a neat red wok from Marshall's! Marshall's always has nice kitchen stuff cheap. Coat beef with cornstarch and fry until crispy and remove from pan. Drain all the oil from the pan except for about a tablespoon. Add the orange zest, ginger and garlic. Just kinda guess on the amount of spices depending on what you like. Add the sauce you mixed earlier and bring to a boil then lower heat and cook until thick and syrupy. It took my sauce about 5 minutes and I stirred it constantly. Add the beef and red chili flakes to taste (we like ours spicy) and stir to coat. Serve with white rice. Trust me this stuff is good!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!