October Update

October 27, 2009

It's starting to get cooler here, in the 60's! Penelope and I went for a walk today and it was pretty windy out. She kept signing "cold" so we cut our walk short but I was loving it.

I thought I would be festive and make Pen a little Halloween lunch.
See her bat sandwich and mango cut in the shape of a pumpkin. :) Ooh and yummy veggie chips from Trader Joe's. Speaking of Halloween I am so excited about our costumes this year! Yep, Chris and I are dressing up as well. We were invited to his boss' Halloween party so the three of us are going to dress up really scarrryyy. I will share some pics of that later...

So I read this blog The Flowering Dogwood and the other day the author posted a recipe for Bourbon Street Chicken. It looked really yummy so I decided to make it for dinner tonight. It was really good and Chris kept raving about it. He is even taking leftovers to work for lunch tomorrow. I also made some Pot Stickers, Penelope loves them! I had bought a pomegranate the other day and decided we would eat it tonight. I was sure Penelope would not like it because of the seeds but I was wrong. She kept asking for more balls. :) For desert we had yummy Mochi balls filled with mango ice cream. So delicious! I love these things. Mochi is a Japanese rice cake. I really only like it in this form with the ice cream. I call these things fairy food because they are so little and cute looking.

Yesterday I did something a little different. I ordered my groceries online and they delivered them to me! Thank you Von's! HAHA It was pretty cool going grocery shopping in the comfort of my own home. The only negative thing is I wasn't able to use all my coupons. Still I found some good deals. I don't think I will be doing this very often but it is still good to know that when summer comes around I won't have to venture out into the 100 degree weather. Woohoo!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!