Zucchini Enchilada Casserole

March 08, 2013

Yesterday when I went grocery shopping I intended to purchase items to make a zucchini lasagna. When I got home I realized I had forgotten to buy the cheeses, Mozzarella and Ricotta. Duh! Then I got an idea...why not save Italian for another night and go Mexican instead. So Penelope and I made a Zucchini Enchilada Casserole. Basically an enchilada casserole but you substitute the tortillas for zucchini. Great vegetarian dish or for those low carb eaters.

Zucchini Enchilada Casserole

1 lb. Ground beef
1 Can of corn
4 Zucchini's on the smaller size cut into thin strips
1 10oz. can of your favorite enchilada sauce
Colby Jack cheese
Seasonings for meat, I used cumin, garlic salt, onion powder, salt & pepper

Brown beef and season until cooked through. Drain the meat. Add the canned corn and mix well. In a baking or casserole dish cover the bottom with a little of the enchilada sauce. Then make layers starting with the zucchini, meat, cheese and continue making layers of zucchini, sauce, meat, cheese.


Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes. We had ours with a dollop of sour cream and guacamole on top.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!