If At First You Don't Succeed...

March 08, 2013

Penelope got a cotton candy machine for her birthday from her grandma Dolly and Grandpa Rocky.


She was so excited and said "just what I always wanted!" We just attempted to make cotton candy for the first time...let me tell you it is harder then it looks.


She tried twirling the stick around to collect the sugar but the thing about took her arm off. "I'm scared, mommy!" I had to take over but didn't have much luck either. It was shooting sugar at me faster then I could collect it. This was all we could gather up before Penelope asked "what's that smell?" Ummm, that would be burnt sugar.


Well I always tell Penelope to "keep trying at something" and "don't give up" and "you will get better the more you do it". So as soon as I clean the machine and get the nerve we are going to try for round two. Let's hope it just takes a little practice...

Which reminds me, I bought a balloon animal making kit awhile back and after several attempts, explosions, and finally making a sword. I decided to take a break from it. Suddenly I feel like giving it another go. Cotton candy machine, balloon animals, Chris' magic, and Penelope wanting to be a tightrope walker...well I could very well see us starting our own family circus. I wonder if I could get Timber to jump through burning hoops...

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!