Fundue!

January 10, 2013

Last month Chris and I went to a taping of Jay Leno. We spent the weekend with my parents who watched Penelope while we had some grown up time. Chris also took me to The Melting Pot. In case you are not familiar The Melting Pot it is a fondue restaurant. You get to choose from a selection of appetizers, entrees, and desserts that are presented to you around your very own fondue pot for your dipping enjoyment. This was my first time partaking in The Melting Pot experience, Chris' second. The highlight of our meal was the Chocolate S'mores dessert which was flambeed right at our table. Creamy milk chocolate topped with graham cracker crumbs and served with cheesecake, pound cake, brownie, marshmallows, strawberries and more for dipping in. Sooo good...

I enjoyed our fondue date night out so much that Chris bought me my very own fondue pot for Christmas.


Here is Penelope enjoying some cheese fondue with cubed french bread and green apple dippers.

Cheddar Beer Cheese Fondue

Beer
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 tsp. Minced Garlic
A few shakes of Worcestershire Sauce
A few sprinkles of Mustard Powder
Pepper to taste

Start off with about half a beer and add in the cheese and stir till melted. Add the remaining ingredients and stir. If it is too thick then add a bit more beer to thin out, if it is too thin add more cheese. Start Dipping!

I think we will try a chocolate dessert fondue next!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!