Semi Homemade Slow Cooker Chile Verde

February 11, 2011

I didn't get a picture of tonight's dinner but it was very good. Let me warn you this recipe is way too much for just two people. Chris and I will be having leftovers for the next couple of days.

Chile Verde

4lb. Pork Shoulder trimmed of fat and diced into large cubes
1-21 oz can of green Enchilada Sauce ( I used Las Palmas)
Bunch of Cilantro leaves chopped
1/3 of a large Onion chopped into tiny pieces (I love my Pampered Chef food chopper!)
Bunch of Green Onions chopped
5 Serrano Peppers chopped into tiny pieces seeds and all
Small can of diced Green Chiles
Minced Garlic ( I used a tablespoon of minced jarred garlic)
S&P

Throw everything into a slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours. At about 4 and a half hours make a rue using 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of flour and whisk in a bowl to remove all lumps. Pour slowly into slow cooker and stir to thicken the Chile Verde. I know 5 Serrano's sound like a lot but after adding in the rue the heat will mellow out quite a bit. It will still be pretty spicy though.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This was so good my husband loved it. I did not add the serrons or rue. But I did add one jalepeno chopped with out seeds. So yumm thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. That sounds much more tolerable with jalapenos. But Im gunna try it tomorrow! Yay! Sounds soooo tasty!!!

      Delete

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!