Egg Drop Soup

September 03, 2010

I made my own version of Egg Drop Soup today. I was a little worried it wouldn't come out right but it tasted pretty good. It was different then your typical Chinese restaurant Egg Drop, not so egg-y tasting.  I thought I went a little overboard on the ginger but Chris and Penelope both loved it so here's my recipe.

4 Cups of Chicken Broth
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
Garlic Powder
1 tsp or a little less of Ground Ginger
1 tsp or a bit more of Soy Sauce
4 Eggs
Salt and Pepper to taste

Pour chicken stock into a pot that has not been heated and whisk in the cornstarch. Add the garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Turn on the stove and heat until boiling. Meanwhile, whisk together the 4 eggs in a measuring cup. When the soup starts to boil turn off heat and slowly pour in the egg with one hand while stirring the soup in one direction with a fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

We had our Egg Drop Soup with my Bacon Fried Rice. I could tell Penelope enjoyed tonight's dinner because not only did she have seconds but she didn't talk through the whole entire meal.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!