My Garden...

April 23, 2009

A couple of days ago we went to this really neat nursery called Tsugawa. They have really beautiful Japanese Maples, Asian Pear Trees, Weeping Cherries and Bamboo as well as more traditional trees and plants. We want to eventually get some trees for our yard but having nothing to haul them home with we picked out a few vegetables and herbs to start a vegetable and herb garden. Here is a picture of the garden Chris planted for me. It contains a variety of peppers, including Mammoth Jalapenos Poblano's Red Bell Peppers Serrano's Sweet Banana Peppers and Thai Chili Peppers

It also contains Cilantro Green Onions and Chocolate Mint Chris picked the Chocolate Mint of course. I asked him when he thought we would ever use Chocolate Mint and he replied that it's for his Chocolate Mint Mojitos. :p Because we make those all the time...
We also planted lettuce and tomato seeds. Being that I am not a gardener I did not realize that the onions and lettuce do not continue to grow after they are picked so I think once we use these up we will plant something that grows continuously, maybe cucumbers and some basil. I am so excited about my garden, I now have all the ingredients for Guacamole, except for the avocados. It's too bad we can't grow avocado trees in the northwest. My grandma had a huge avocado tree when we were little but she lives in sunny southern California.
(Oh where oh were did my garden go. :p)
Last night I used the cilantro from my garden for the first time. I made some Chicken Chimichangas and Calabacitas. it was really delicious and here is Penelope trying to quickly get her hand on her plate of yummy food.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!