Libraries Are Way Cool!

April 07, 2009

This morning Penelope had her first Mother Goose Bouncy Time at the Longview Public Library. That place is awesome. It is in a really big old beautiful brick building. The whole first floor is for little ones and teens. There are toys everywhere and so many fun things for little eyes to stare at. You should have seen Penelope's face when I was walking her around. She loves books and I am sure she was in awe of all the books. She kept pointing at everything and making her little baby grunt sounds. There was only one other baby in her group, a 3 month old but the lady that hosts it said that several others were signed up so I am hoping they show up next week. Linda, the host, was great! She played music and sang interactive songs. Penelope got to bounce around and she loved it. Linda also blew bubbles and read from a series called Skippyjon Jones. It is about a Siamese cat with huge ears that wants to be a Chihuahua. :) I can't wait to take her back next week. My mom started taking me to the library when I was very young, I have always been a big reader and so I am excited to introduce Penelope to such a wonderful place. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did when I was little. I meant to take pictures today but I forgot my camera. I will take some next time.

Yesterday we went to Penelope's Dr. checkup and she is now 30 1/2 inches long and her weight is 21 pounds and 12 ounces. She is a healthy baby that hates her doctor. ;p I think we may have to look for a new one...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!