Dinner and Dessert

January 22, 2009

I started weaning Penelope today. I am starting by just dropping one feeding a week. Hopefully it will all go well. She did good today, I don't even think she noticed. I tried to give her real milk as a replacement but she was having none of it. She did however have some Eggplant Parmesan and Spaghetti with Marinara sauce that I made for dinner. It was so yummy! I was going to take a picture and post my recipe but it looked so good on my plate that I couldn't break away to run upstairs and get my camera. :) I also made some dessert which is not like me since I am not big on sweets. Awhile back I did a swap on http://www.swap-bot.com/ for some food mixes and my partner happened to be in Germany. Remember I mentioned that in an earlier post when I made the Pumpkin and Carrot Soup with Orange and Indian Curry mix she sent. Anyway, she also sent some German pudding mix, I wasn't sure what flavor it was so I decided to make it and find out. It ended up being a kinda custardy (is that a word) sorta Creme Brulee tasting so I made individual ramekins and decided to brulee them. It was pretty good. Here's a picture of me using my nifty kitchen torch that Chris bought me on my birthday.

(It's an invisible torch, ;p)

I made one for Penelope as well but her little tummy was stuffed with dinner so she will get to try it tomorrow. I am sure she is going to love it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!