Spicy Italian meets Cajun

May 10, 2013

Look what I found at Target the other day!


Another bento box! They also had a blue version of this box but of course Penelope chose this one. I love that this book has a little compartment on top with utensils. So cute! Go visit your local Target before these are all gone!

Penelope's favorite fast food is Subway, and her favorite sandwich at Subway is the Spicy Italian. That's right she has graduated from the Cold Cut to the much more impressive Spicy Italian. On wheat bread with American cheese, olives, and mayo and mustard. She will eat a whole 6 inch sandwich to herself! For today's bento I made her a homemade spicy Italian sandwich.


A hoagie roll filled with salami, pepperoni, spicy ham, black olives, and her preferred condiments mayo & mustard. She also had a Appleberry GOGO Squeez, maple leaf cookies with maple cream filling, diced avocado, and Voodoo chips.


You know me anytime I see a bag of chippy's I haven't tried well I get weak in the knees and have to buy them. These Zapp's New Orleans Kettle Style Voodoo chips were at our local Whole Foods. I have tried Zapp's Jalapeno chips before and they are sooo good. Salty, super crisp, and super spicy, everything a good Jalapeno chip should be. I had high hopes for these but unfortunately I was not impressed. For some reason I imagined these would be hotter then hot but instead they were slightly sweet BBQ-esque. Booo, if there is one chip flavor I can stop eating before I finish the whole bag it's barbecue. It is simply not one of my faves. Penelope on the other hand is enjoying these chips. I also tried Zapp's Spicy Cajun Crawtators and Cajun Dill Gator-Taters. Both satisfied my chip addiction but I probably wouldn't buy them again. Do you have a favorite Zapp's flavor?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This looks and sounds amazing, Thanks for sharing this.


    Simon

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!