Kyuuri No Sunomono

September 14, 2011


One of my assignments for last weeks Japanese lesson was to translate a recipe and prepare it. My teacher enjoyed my Kyuuri No Sunomono (pickled cucumber), she said it was delicious! I am sure it wasn't exact but it was still tasty and very refreshing.

Kyuuri (Cucumber)
Shoga (Ginger)
Komesu (Rice Vinegar)
Shoyu (Soy Sauce)
Togarashi (Japanese Spice Blend)
Ninniku (Garlic)

In a bowl mix equal parts soy sauce and vinegar. Add remaining spices and then pour over chopped cucumber and let marinate for at least an hour. The longer the better! She did not give me the amounts for the ingredients because she said she usually just guesses. That's what I did, I kept tasting it till I thought it tasted right. :)

I can't wait till next week's lesson, a cooking lesson! She is going to teach me to make Okonomiyaki. Stay tuned...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!