Chile Verde

September 22, 2011

I used the tomatillos I received from my Full Circle Farm box last week and made this yummy Chile Verde as promised.


Chile Verde

Tomatillos
Cilantro
Garlic
Serrano Peppers (You can also add Jalapenos and canned Green chili's for a little more kick.)
Green Onion
Diced Pork

I started off boiling 4 tomatillos along with 6 Serrano peppers until soft. I then placed them in a blender along with a large handful of cilantro, 2 green onion stalks, and a garlic clove. I blended until smooth and then added some salt to taste. If the sauce appears a little thick you can thin it down with a little water. I then took the diced pork and browned it with a little oil in a very hot skillet for a few minutes and then placed in my crockpot. After pouring the sauce over my pork I realized I didn't make quite enough sauce so I had to make a bit more. The amount of ingredients I used the first time around made about 2 and a half cups of sauce which would have been enough except I had a ton of meat! Sorry I can't give you the exact measurements I used I usually just ballpark when I cook. And don't forget the more peppers you put in the spicier it will be. We like our Chile Verde spicy! Cook the pork in your slow cooker on high for 6 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking stir in a couple tablespoons of flour to thicken the sauce up a bit. You can serve this in a bowl and eat like I did or make burritos with it like I did for Chris.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yummy! I got my book in the mail yesterday. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!