Last Weeks Letter of the Week...A

April 12, 2010

I got the idea from No Time for Flash Cards to start doing a letter of the week with Penelope. She just turned 2 in February and already knows her ABC's and can count to 12. I have been trying to come up with more crafts and activities to do with her now that she is able and starting to be more vocal. Speaking of being more vocal for the last couple of days she has been saying funny a lot. It started when we picked up Regan and she started saying "Rain hunny" and laughing. She thinks everything is funny now. "Mom hunny", "Dad hunny", "Wewe hunny". It's too cute, she is such a happy little thing. Anyway last week we started on our letter of the week, letter A. I made a letter cut out and let her color it and we learned a song and did some letter tracing. The second row of the letter tracing for the uppercase and lowercase letters she did on her own, pretty good. We tried to find things that started with the letter A in the few magazines I was willing to cut up. ;) but all we found was an avocado. All week I would point out things that started with the letter A and we read "My a Book" every night. This site has great printouts to use by the way. We are going to start our next letter today. We would have already started but I had to get up this morning and go to the DMV to get my Alaska license switched to California. I know I procrastinated a bit on this. After being there for 2 hours and passing the written test...barely, I was told I would have to have an eye exam before they would give me a license. UGH! I don't have much vision in my left eye due to Amblyopia, it has been this way all my life and I have gotten pretty use to it and have never had a problem getting a license before. If they don't let me get a drivers license I'm going to ask for a seeing eye dog or better yet a seeing eye horse!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!