Horsing Around

February 19, 2022

Living in the country we are surrounded by horses. All our neighbor have horses and ride, some even compete in barrel racing events. So cool! Horses are beautiful creatures and if I wasn't severely allergic it would be nice to have one or two. My horse riding friends say it's impossible to own just one. When Penelope was little I really wanted her to take horse riding lessons but not knowing a lot about being around horses and riding I was always afraid of the idea of her falling and being hurt. Last summer Penelope was able to start riding lessons for the first time at our neighbors ranch. We got her a riding helmet and some riding boots and my brave girl just hopped right on. Of course, this momma was still afraid to see her get on for the first time, and every time after, but I am so proud that she is able to take on new activities with no fear. She's even fallen off a couple of times, eeek...and gotten right back on again. Here are some photos of Penelope's first couple of times learning to ride. 












You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!