Slow Cooker Carnitas

May 15, 2016


Yesterday I made some slow cooker carnitas that I turned into tacos for dinner. Simple and delicious!

Slow Cooker Carnitas

2 pound Pork shoulder roast
A handful of pearl onions
8-10 Garlic cloves
Freshly squeezed juice from 2 oranges
Onion powder
Garlic salt
Salt & Pepper
Lard or oil for frying

Season your roast liberally with salt, pepper, garlic salt and onion powder. Place in crockpot with the onions and garlic. Pour orange juice over everything. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Once finished remove meat onto a cutting board or plate and shred. Warm some oil in a large frying pan, I think lard works best and gives the meat added flavor, but a corn or canola oil will work as well. Fry meat until it browns and crisps a little.

I served on warm corn tortillas with my guacamole.

Oh! and an FYI...Penelope made the talent show!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!