Hair Today Gone Tomorrow

October 15, 2015

Penelope has been growing her hair since the day she was born. Her long hair has always been her trademark. I have had a love/hate relationship with this hair. I love that it makes her look like one of her little dolls, pretty and sweet. I hate trying to comb out her tangles when she wakes up with a huge rats nest on the back of her head. Penelope used to wish that she would one day have hair as long as Rapunzel. I say used to because a couple of months ago, before she entered the second grade, Penelope asked to cut her hair short.

Before
After
 
We donated her long braid to Locks of Love.


Penelope was so excited to receive this lovely thank you note and learn where her donation was going.
 
 
I am still getting used to her short hair, that she plans to keep short for awhile. But I no longer dread combing her hair, in fact, Penelope now washes and brushes her own hair. Just one more thing this mama doesn't have to do.
 
Still pretty and sweet
 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What a wonderful thing she did by donating her hair. I love the short hair...it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!