We're Making Popovers!

April 03, 2013

Or at least we tried... It's just Pen and I today so I made a small amount of batter. Since I only have one of those jumbo muffin tins that makes six oversized muffins. The batter didn't quite reach the top and therefore the popovers did not pop over. However...they were yummy anyway.





Cheesy Popovers

1 Egg
1/2 Cup of milk
1 tbsp. Melted butter
1/2 Cup flour
1/8 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Basil
1/4 tsp. Oregano
Shredded Colby Jack cheese

In a bowl mix egg, milk, melted butter, flour, salt, basil, and oregano until well blended. Put bowl in fridge and let cool for about 2 hours. Preheat your oven to 425 and butter your muffin tin so the popovers will easily pop out. Pour batter into each muffin cup to the top of the tin and then sprinkle generously with cheese. Bake in your oven for about 15 minutes. This will make 6 popovers as long as you use a normal size muffin tin, If you want to make more just double the ingredients for a dozen.

I think the next time I make these I am going to add ham or bacon and serve them as a quick breakfast.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!