Sloppy Cheesesteaks

February 11, 2013

Today I woke up with a craving for Sloppy Joe's. Sloppy Joe's are one of those childhood memories I sometimes get this overwhelming urge to chomp down on. So from the time I jumped out of bed I knew I was going to make some Sloppy Joe's for dinner... until...midday I suddenly got a craving for a Philly Cheesesteak. Not just any Philly Cheesesteak but one made with Steak-ums. So I sent Chris out to find me some Steak-ums for our Philly's but unfortunately he could not find any. Oh No! Needless to say when dinner time came around I was not in the mood to cook or eat anything. Yes, I was a grump, but I couldn't let the rest of the family starve so I got an idea. Why not make a Philly Cheesesteak with the ground beef and hamburger buns I was going to use for my Sloppy Joe's and satisfy both of today's cravings. I call it a Sloppy Cheesesteak, Chris prefers Philly Joe.


Sloppy Cheesesteak

1 lb. Ground beef
2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
Half a bell pepper chopped in small pieces
About 1/4 onion chopped in small pieces
Provolone Cheese
Hamburger Buns
Mayonnaise
Seasoned Salt
Pepper

Brown ground beef seasoning with the Worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt and pepper to taste. Meanwhile in another pan saute the chopped pepper and onions in a little olive oil. Drain the ground beef and add the peppers and onions to it and then lower the heat, top with provolone cheese and cover so the cheese melts. In the meantime spread buns with mayo and then fill with meat mixture. They taste just like Philly Cheesesteaks!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!