December 29, 2009

We are so tired of leftovers around here. You can only eat so much ham or so many tamales (it's a Mexican tradition to have Tamales on Christmas) before it starts to get old. That goes for Penelope too, she has not been the eager eater she usually is. So today I decided to leave the leftovers behind and make her something different. She had a Tuna Sandwich on fresh baked bread (thank you Mr. Bread Maker), some Apple Stars and some Green Olives. Here she is inspecting her green olives which she ate up right away.


And for dinner I pulled out my other fine piece of machinery, my new rice cooker, and cooked up some rice to make some chicken fried rice.

2 Cups of Cooked Rice at Room Temperature
2 Diced Chicken Breasts
Frozen Peas and Carrots
2 Eggs
4 Strips of Bacon diced in small pieces
2 Green Onions
Ginger
Garlic
Hoisin Sauce
Soy Sauce
Sesame Oil

Add some sesame oil to a wok or frying pan and cook chicken until done adding the ginger, garlic and about a tablespoon of Hoisin sauce while cooking. Set the chicken aside in a bowl once done. Add the bacon to the pan and cook until just crispy and remove along with most of the bacon grease, leave a little to scramble your eggs. Once the eggs are cooked add the rice and bacon and grease and fry. If it needs more oil go ahead and add some sesame oil. Add the chicken and frozen veggies and continue to fry rice. Finally add the green onions and soy sauce and mix everything together.

Don't make the same mistake I did and not eat when everyone else is eating or they just might not leave anything for you. I know I said I wasn't hungry but I changed my mind!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!