Mexicorn Pasta Salad

August 26, 2014

The weekend of my birthday we went over to my parents house and had a party celebrating not only my birthday but also my stepdads and my twin nieces. We grilled up some ribs, steak and hotdogs and ate some sides including this Mexicorn Pasta Salad I made that everyone loved.


Mexicorn Pasta Salad

1 lb. cooked Rotini pasta ( I used Dreamfields low carb pasta)
3 cups of roasted corn kernels. You can first roast the corn ears over the grill with a little olive oil and then scrape the kernels off. 3 to 4 corn ears should produce 3 cups of kernels.
Mayonnaise
Cotija cheese
Handful of chopped cilantro
About 4 green onions chopped
Tajin
Lime Juice
Salt & pepper to taste

Mix everything together and enjoy. You can use as much mayo and cotija as you like. Same goes with the Tajin and lime juice. Tajin can usually be purchased in the Hispanic aisle at your local supermarket.

It is a combination of chilies, lime and salt and is used on everything from fruit to beverages.

This Mexicorn Pasta Salad is made like you would make a Mexican street corn with the addition of pasta.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!