Cold Day at the Park and Lunch

January 08, 2011

Last night I promised Penelope I would take her to the park today if it was sunny again. We have been having unseasonable weather for this time of year. Well, it was sunny today, 15 degrees but sunny, so we took a stroll to the tiny park just a few houses down from ours. 

It was cold, brrr, yesterday would have been a better day to (hold that thought, wild animal at my window again, cute little snow bunny this time, oooh with red eyes.) head out to the park. It was in the 30's and with the sun shining felt great. It was nice to get out of the house though and Penelope had a blast she even made a couple of friends that live just 2 houses down from us. The grass was all matted down with frost and ice and felt all squishy to walk on Penelope kept saying "whoa" and rocking. Happy to say we survived this outing without witnessing any bears, large wild cats, or any rabid bunny rabbits.

Here is a photo of Penelope's lunch today.

She had 2 piggie open faced sandwiches, a celery stick with Laughing Cow cheese and another with Nutella, carrot sticks with Ranch for dipping, cherries and chocolate covered Craisins.
I found these Limited Edition chocolate covered Craisins by Ocean Spray yesterday at Safeway. They were B1G1 Free and they are good. I would check out your local Safeway/Vons and see if they have the same deal going on. I also found an awesome deal on cherries, a large bag for $2.79, and they were fresh. This is the first time I have seen cherries at the store here and I was surprised because our produce is usually not the greatest selection. I guess we do have a lot to choose from but it isn't always the prettiest and the prices can be a little high. I had to buy these because the only kind of cherries Penelope had ever had were those ones that come from a jar. I was worried about trying to pit the cherries before giving them to her without having a cherry pitter but I managed to find the perfect substitute. A chopstick! That's right all you gotta do is pull off the stem and use the pointed side of the chopstick to poke a hole through the cherry. Once you've managed to get in just turn the chopstick around and push the pit out with the wider end. Perfect pitted cherry!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!