Missing: Dolly

September 01, 2009

Have you seen me?
















Penelope lost her Dolly today. :( I guess it's my fault I usually make sure she doesn't leave her behind when we go out but I have been so distracted lately. She left her in a Safeway shopping cart and I didn't notice till we got home and couldn't find her. We drove back down there and searched the whole parking lot, all the carts, even looked in the trash, with no luck. I had a couple of Safeway employees helping me and one of them said that she did see the doll on the ground and watched someone pick it up and place it on the cart railing and that was the last she saw of it. She apologized for not bringing it in to the store...well duh! So it looks like someone stole her. Chris suggested we go on eBay and look for a replacement, he found one here for $75!!!! I received this doll several years ago from my grandma and thought it might be a collectible one day so I had left it in the plastic baggy until after Penelope was born and I decided to give it to her. I thought it would be a nice thing for her to have passed down from her mommy's grandma to her mommy to her. I am so bummed! Anyway, I decided to search for another all plush babydoll. Dolly (the mother in law) found one on Target online so we drove down before bed time to pick it up. They had one that was similar to the one online but not as cute. So then we drove to Fred Meyer with no luck. We then tried Walmart...what?! All the dolls were either plastic or had a plush body with a plastic face. It was getting late and I was becoming desperate so I decided to drive all the way back to Target and get the one I saw. Penelope loved it, honestly I don't even think she realizes her dolly is gone. Silly me, I was worried about nothing. I will post a pic of Penelope and her new dolly tomorrow, right now she is snuggling in bed with her fast asleep. :)


And on another note...I picked my Serrano peppers today. I'm going to make some guacamole when Chris gets home!

P.S. Whoever stole Dolly, we want her back!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Yay! Someone's reading this. Please leave me a comment. Thanks!